These are some of the recent press reports describing research carried out by BART.
- "Rocks on the menu": High commodity prices have encouraged the use of mineral-munching bugs to extract metals from waste or low-grade ore, as reported in The Economist on 10/03/11.
- "The mining bug: hunting metals with bacteria": With shortages of essential metals predicted, the mining industry is turning to bacteria in its quest to make use of lower-grade ores, and even to extract metals from century-old mining waste, as reported in Engineering & Technology Magazine on 4/10/10.
- Peruvian scientists visit Bangor Acidophile Research Team as part of International Atomic Energy Agency sponsored trip
- Polluted streams are to be treated, published by the Daily Post on 30/10/06
- Biomining, Part 2 of the "Good, the Bad and the Ugly" broadcast on BBC Radio 4 on 22/06/05
- Microbes 'to tackle mine waste', published by BBC News UK Edition on 06/04/05
- Using microbes to mine metals and clean up spoil, published by News Wales (ISSN 1744-4004) on 06/04/05 and MidWalesonline.co.uk on 06/04/05